Realtor Safety Tips
Getting caught in a bad situation is SCARY. As a REALTOR®, it’s important you have a personal safety protocol in place that you use every day with every client, like when meeting new clients, showing properties or sharing information online.
At The Home Sweet Home Group our protocol is to:
- Working with a new and unknown client? GET A COPY OF THE DRIVERS LICENSE.
- OBTAIN A PRE APPROVAL LETTER OR PROOF OF FUNDS for all clients prior to showing homes.
- Understand your exit strategy at showings, open houses, and listing appointments.
- Listen to your gut - it is probably right.
- Consider taking a SELF DEFENSE CLASS.
- Do a basic google search of your new client or utilize the an app such as FORWARN.
- Consider getting your conceal and carry license or having another protection option such as MACE.
CLICK HERE for additional tips from The Texas Association of Realtors.
Be safe out there, your life is not worth any amount of possible commission. Don't let the consumers sense of urgency effect the way you know you should run your business. YOUR SAFETY, SECURITY AND LIFE MATTERS.