Tax Free Weekend Starts Friday
Tax Free Weekend starts Friday August 5th and runs through Sunday August 7th just in time for back to school shopping. Here's what you need to know:
- Clothing, Footwear, Etc.
- Face Masks
- School Supplies
Items that do NOT Qualify
- Items over $100
- Clothing Subscription Boxes
- Specially-designed Athletic or Protective Clothing and Footwear
- Clothing/Footwear Rentals, Alterations (including embroidary), and Cleaning Services
- Items Used to Make/Repair Clothing (fabric, thread, etc.)
- Jewelry, Handbangs, Purses, Briefcases, Luggage, Umbrellas, Watches, and other Accessories
Purchases made online, by phone, or mail also qualify. If you've been charged sales tax incorrectly you can file a claim with the Comptroller's office for a refund.