Home Maintenance Tips & Reminders
Home Maintenance is an ongoing effort for sure....here is a list of the common task you may want to consider throughout the year.
- Get your HVAC unit serviced and replace filters as needed.
- Check your hot water heater for leaks.
- Clean your garbage disposal by grinding ice cubes, then flushing with hot water and baking soda.
- Check fireplaces and dryer vents for clogs.
- Have your air vents cleaned.
- Look under sinks for potential leaks.
- Touch up paint throughout.
- Clean gutters of back ups and debris
- Have there been hail storms - get your roof inspected
- Replace the batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Install a smoke detector on every floor of your home.
- Refinish decks and seal.
- Powerwash Siding & Windows.
- Do you have a septic, keep up with the maintenance reports and get it pumped as needed.
- Carpet cleaning and seal your grout and granite as needed.
- Update landscaping and prune trees and shrubs to prevent pests.
- Schedule your next pest control appointment.
- Check for frayed cords around the house - those can be fire hazards.
- Ensure your sprinkler system is working correctly and doesn't have any leaks.
- Ask your pool tech about yearly maintenance suggestions.
- Shower & Bath caulking.
- Do you need a water & gas valve shut off reminder?
- Pull out appliances and clean behind/under.
Also, don't underestimate the power of a good deep clean to handle the stove, refrigerator, cob webs, ceiling fans, blinds, etc.
Don't forget about our preferred vendor & contractor list as you manuever your ongoing and never ending task list.
Do you know someone thinking about a move? Your referral would mean so much to us.